As organisations look to reduce capital and operational expenditure, more and more focus is being put on IT and the supporting infrastructure.
Traditionally, organisations have demanded that all licensed software solutions remain on-premise or in a hosted environment, in a bid to control security and support, therefore limiting cost savings.
Times change, as do technologies and as a result of advancements in this area, the cloud is now a more viable option. This in turn has led to a dramatic shift in demand to operate solutions from the cloud and potential cost savings for the customer.
Generis Technology now offer software solutions in the cloud, either as Software as a Service, or as a fully managed service, depending on your business model. This is particularly beneficial for new entrants to the market, but also for those larger, more established customers looking to lift and shift their existing architecture into the cloud.
Our cloud platforms are provided by leaders in this field, who were chosen due to their well-established positions in the cloud market and support for the underlying technologies used throughout our suite of applications.
Deployment is possible using Oracle Cloud, Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms, or a hybrid of these and on-premise software to fully leverage the benefits of each model.
Some of the key benefits of cloud deployments include:
- Instant scalability
- Reliable, proven architecture
- Costs kept to a minimum buy reducing license and business as usual (BAU) costs. ‘Pay for what you use’ model to ensure no resources are wasted or being paid for without being utilised
- Industry leading cloud providers/partners with longstanding relationships
- High resilience and reliability = no downtime
- Can operate as cloud ‘pay as you grow’ service offering
- Have short spin-up times and low up-front costs